Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Week 16

Week 16


How Far Along: 16 Weeks!

Size of Baby: An avocado, 4-5 inches and 3.5 oz!

Gender: We have an anatomy scan date! Woohoo!! Most friends and family have cast their vote, some haven't [which is odd, usually everyone is quick to tell you!]. It is fun to hear everyone's guesses.

Fun Fact: Baby can hear me talk and sing in the car. Coincidentally, baby can also smile/frown. I bet he/she is just loving when I listen to the 2000s Pop station.

Movement: None yet, but doctor said I might start feeling something this week [completely okay if I don't though]. I am doing my research on what it will feel like in the early stage!

Sleep: Much better, except last night I had trouble falling back asleep.

Workouts: This Ice/Snow/Frigid temps have put a damper on that this week and last. Looking forward to some sunshine so I can get out and go!

Maternity Clothes: None yet, but I did look this past weekend. I haven't gained any weight yet, so I am waiting until it's an absolute must. So far, living in thick, yoga type leggings.

Symptoms: I love the little bursts of small energy I have!

Cravings/Aversions: None really
 
Missing Most: Nothing really.

Nursery: We have pretty much picked out what we are doing, just a matter of ordering!

Hubby: The best support system a pregnant girl could ask for. He has been patient when I am [annoyingly] frustrated, caring when I am curled in the fetal position, and riding the happiness wave right there with me.


Best part of the Week: Yesterday I got to spend some time with Gun and Morgan. He looked at me and said "I missed you, sis." That little [almost 3 year old] boy melts my heart. And the fact we are one week closer to finding out if baby is a boy or girl! We finalized our girl names this weekend, and I love it! I think I am having a harder time committing to the boy name because I secretly am thinking baby is a boy.


Can't Wait For: Nursery shopping this weekend/just chilling with Pat [something we haven't done in awhile- we always plan it and then feel lazy so we go, go, go]. & Anatomy scan, duh.


I asked my doctor if I am supposed to do anything during this time, and his response was witty and fairly accurate... "Just grow that baby!"


4-11 Weeks / 12 Weeks 13 Weeks / 14 Weeks   / 15 Weeks

1 comment:

  1. 2000's pop is THE best. Im sure baby is happy! :) I sing to my baby every day and have sung to her since week 16! I highly recommend it because I've heard it will soothe the baby once theyre here!

    ReplyDelete