Friday, January 23, 2015

Baby L: Weeks 4-11

Here are my week 4 through 11 updates.


Week 4

How Far Along: Technically we found out at 3w4d. Super Early. So we will start documenting on week 4.

Size of Baby: Poppy Seed.

Gender: Too early!

Fun Fact: We found out I was pregnant the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Two years prior on that same Saturday, Pat proposed. Also-- best friend Jordyn found out during one of our 5ks, because she kept calling me a party pooper. That was a moment I will never forget! Mom now knows, can't keep anything a secret from momma!

Movement: None that I can feel--and this will be for a long time!

Sleep: Normal

Workouts: LOL. I am the crazy girl that ran two 2 5ks within a week of each other. It was struggle central, though.

Maternity Clothes: Nope. Not yet, but I am looking forward to them. I hear they are super comfy.

Symptoms: None.

Cravings/Aversions: None.

Missing Most: Nothing really.

Nursery: Long ways away. Already have ideas though. Doesn't everyone?!!

Hubby: He is so happy. He is going to be such a good dad. I will use this space to brag on him, because he doesn't hear it enough!

Best part of the Week: When I get confirmation from the Doctor about my bloodwork.

Can't Wait For: Ultrasound!!!

Displaying IMG_2508.JPG 
[please excuse the FSU hat. It was pouring rain and all Lauren had. Go Vols.]


Week 5

How Far Along: 5 weeks!

Size of Baby: Apple Seed!

Gender: Too early

Movement: Again, too early!

Sleep: A few nights waking up around 2 and having trouble falling back asleep.

Workouts: Ran 3 miles, twice.

Maternity Clothes: Not yet.

Symptoms: Hellllloooo Morning Sickness, not so nice to meet ya.

Cravings/Aversions: Cravings- none. Aversions- meat.

Missing Most: My tummy not hurting!

Nursery: Not ye!

Hubby: Still so excited!

Best part of the Week: Having a relaxing weekend! Also, best friend Kylah found out I was pregnant. Which was super special. I am not the one to tell news early, but she is a rock in good and bad times, so I knew that having her in my corner during this would be the best.

Can't Wait For: Ultrasound next week! Eeeeek.




Week 6

How Far Along: 6 weeks! Ultrasound week!!

Size of Baby: A small pea. Isn't that wild?!

Gender: too early!

Fun Fact: The heart is starting to pump blood!

Movement: Nope!

Sleep: Still waking up around 2.

Workouts: - don't judge- a few walks with Lila were about all I could muster.

Maternity Clothes: Nope.

Symptoms: Morning sickness has turned into all day sickness.

Cravings/Aversions: Aversions- everything. Literally.

Missing Most: Food. Or eating and it not hurting. But looking at this as a sign that hormones are doing their job. Grow, baby, grow!!

Nursery: Nope.

Hubby: So supportive and helpful.

Best part of the Week: Ultrasound!!!!!!!!!! Baby was a tiny dot on a screen, but so special!! Also the annual Christmas party.

Can't Wait For: To feel better!

Displaying IMG_2780.JPG 

Displaying IMG_2790.JPG



Week 7

How Far Along: 7 weeks!

Size of Baby: Blueberry!

Gender: Not yet

Fun Fact: Arms, legs, hands, and feet are starting too bud!!

Sleep: Same. Wake up at 2.

Workouts: None this week, other than a few walks with Lila. The struggle is real. I commend the women that power through this. But I feel you girls that are just trying to make it to lunch!!

Maternity Clothes: Maternity bra... Hello Comfort.

Symptoms: Morning [all day] sickness...

Cravings/Aversions: Still not wanting anything really.

Missing Most: Christmas Dinner. Not having that was a little sad. So come February, mom is making me a feast!

Nursery: Nope.

Hubby: Cleaned the entire house for me while I was taking a nap on Saturday.

Best part of the Week: First prenatal appointment! Having a quiet Christmas.Those are rare, and truly one to remember.

Can't Wait For: Second Trimester, lol.




Week 8

How Far Along: 8 weeks! Holla! This is big!!

Size of Baby: Raspberry!

Gender: Nope

Fun Fact: Heart is pumping like crazy!!

Sleep: Falling asleep has never been easy for me, but thanks to this sweet baby- I pass out! Still wake up around 2 most nights.

Workouts: Lol, can I skip this one until like week 10?

Maternity Clothes: Just the bra, which is awesome.

Symptoms: Morning sickness, and a little worn out! But again- thankful its a sign of strong hormones!

Cravings/Aversions: Aversions- everything... If I never look at another saltine I will be so happy! I am able to get cold things down, so applesauce and things like that are my Bff.

Missing Most: Same lol

Nursery: Nope.

Hubby: Excited, wanting to tell everyone!!

Best part of the Week: We told his brother on New Years Day. He is so excited!! And Traveling to tell my great grandparents and grandparents!

Can't Wait For: When we can tell everyone!! I am bursting!!




Week 9

How Far Along: 9 weeks!

Size of Baby: Green Olive!

Gender: Too soon. Mom is the only one that thinks girl though. Everyone else votes boy.

Sleep: Same, wake up around 2 most nights. That must be preparing me for August!

Workouts: Starting to get back in the routine. Three walks on the treadmill at an incline, totally 8 miles. Toning exercises: Squats, lunges, arm workouts. My running body just doesn't want to run right now. Hoping I can ease into it, but not pushing it. I really miss it.

Maternity Clothes: Same.

Symptoms: Morning sickness is slowly going away. I have more relief this week! Praise the Lord.

Cravings/Aversions: None really. Still not wanting meat. Unless its Chick Fil A with Polynesian. But I have to limit that since I'm not pounding the pavement!!

Missing Most: Running. I know some women do it, but my body screams no every time I try. Gotta listen to the baby.

Nursery: Nope.

Hubby: Such a rock. I couldn't ask for a better partner in all of this. Seriously.

Best part of the Week: Having Lila [who is not a snuggler unless its nighttime] snuggle up next to my belly and pass out. It was so sweet.

Can't Wait For: Jan 21-- heartbeat appointment!!! Eeeeek.




Week 10

How Far Along: 10 weeks!

Size of Baby: Prune!

Sleep: Same ole, same ole.

Workouts: Getting back in the routine more. Two three mile walks, and some toning exercises!

Maternity Clothes: Same

Symptoms: Bye bye morning sickness. There is light at the end of this first trimester tunnel!! I still have to be careful, so I don't upset my stomach. Mood swings... I get frustrated really easily. Any one else with this?!! Thank goodness my husband's strongest virtues are patience and encouragement.

Cravings/Aversions: A- meat and mexican food. Which is crazy to me.

Missing Most: Lila. We sent her off to 3 week training. I'm also in Arizona this week, so I miss my bed and husband.

Nursery: Nope.

Hubby: Cleaned out and the exteriors of both my cars [work and family]. How sweet of him!! [especially those who know what my work car looks like.. yikes]

Best part of the Week: coming home from Arizona

Can't Wait For: Heartbeat appointment next week.




Week 11

How Far Along: 11 weeks.. yeaaaah!!

Size of Baby: Lime

Fun Fact: Most critical part of baby's organ system development is done!

Movement: The doctor wasn't able to find the heart beat. He prefaced with "I think you are going to have a stubborn one on your hands!" My husband and I just laughed, just like the baby's momma!!! LOL! Anyways, knowing that I would worry and was on the verge of tears, he quickly got the ultrasound machine, where we got to see Baby L's heart just a beating and legs/arms moving like crazy!! It was so weird seeing the baby SO much bigger than a dot on the screen! We saw the head and nose which was precious!

Sleep: I got my first FULL night's sleep after seeing that ultrasound. Coincidence? Probably not.

Workouts: I did 6 miles this week in the beautiful sunshine!! Then it got really cold, really fast!

Maternity Clothes: Same

Symptoms: Hormones, you win this one. Trying to keep them in check, but goodness you just have no control sometimes lol

Cravings/Aversions: None really- which I find so strange!

Missing Most: Lila still. We visit her on Sunday, then she comes home next Thursday!!

Nursery: Tossing around some ideas. Nautical, obviously. But I think I am leaning more towards the neutral animal theme. Those elephants and giraffes are just too cute.

Hubby: He's been great with being patient, helping around the house, and rubbing my back lol we are going to a nice steakhouse this weekend to celebrate/thank him!

Best part of the Week: Seeing our baby dance around on that screen was truly a moment I will never forget! Also another moment I will never forget, Jo texted me praying for Patrick, myself, and the baby leaving me in absolute tears. I am printing it out and framing for the baby's room. I'll never be able to express how much that moment and her thoughtfulness means to me.

Can't Wait For: Second Trimester, bring on that energy!!


Displaying IMG_3207.JPG


Stay tuned for more updates!




No comments:

Post a Comment