Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Tuesday Tunes

I am a music lover. So, I am always finding little gems that I love to play on repeat. Nine times out of Ten, they become hits and I have to move on and find a new one.


Here are two(ish) tunes that I am absolutely loving right now!

one.

Christina Perri. You may know her from  "Jar of Hearts," which actually became famous due to So You Think You Can Dance's Stacey Tookey/Kathryn & Billy back in 2010. Absolutely fell in love with that song and performace. Check it out below. It is worth it, swear. Side note: She had literally just written the song in Decemeber of 2009, when Stacey heard the song via a friend. Perri didn't even have a record deal! While that cd wasn't my favorite, she has a new one set to release on April 1st. Let me be the one to tell you, it rocks. At least the first three singles do. She even has a little diddy featuring Ed Sheeran. So, hop on over to iTunes and give those a listen.



two.

Ellie Holcomb. Sweet gracious the voice on this woman. Her new album, As Sure as the Sun, was released today. It is just one of those you could listen to all day long. And she sings about Jesus, which makes it even better. While I really like most of the songs, my favorite is Love Never Fails and Only Hope I've Got. "Help me to love like You do." Man.





No comments:

Post a Comment