Monday, February 17, 2014

Happy Birthday

Today is a sad day. But it is also a happy one. Today I get to celebrate one of the most special people I have ever had the honor of calling friend. God used him in so many ways to bring joy to my life, Pat's life, and every friend he had. To say "I miss you" will never seem adequate. So, while I may shed a tear or two while listening to  "Drink a Beer," I know that today is a good day.

Happy Birthday, you goofy boy. I will forever cherish the memories I have with you- especially that day at the pool. And I will forever be grateful to have had the honor of wearing your dog-tags on my wedding day, even if for just a moment. We would have given anything for you to be there, and even though Blake could never fully take your place, he sure has done an amazing job supporting your role in our lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment