Monday, September 16, 2013

Weekend Recap






        
This weekend was so great! Friday, after a long week at work, I just relaxed. Still not having date night with Patrick's new schedule. BUT, he did tell me good news: he will have Fridays off in October. Which, let's be honest, he should. I say that because two of the Fridays will be the day before the wedding and then the honeymoon. Can't work when you aren't in town!!

Saturday started off with a 10.3 mile run with my main girl, Jordyn. Jo and I decided to run this half marathon in May. I hate running with anyone besides my dad or our other running partner. So, I was kind of nervous about pairing up with someone to "train." We haven't trained together physically, but we talk weekly to catch up on where we are with it and life in general. I have been friends with Jordyn since 7th grade. I honestly couldn't imagine running with anyone else. She encouraged me at mile 8.5 when I was fading, and I encouraged her at mile 9.7 to finish as strong as we can! We make a pretty great team, if I do say so myself.

Needless to say, the rest of the day, I spend icing and relaxing. Sunday brought high blood pressure and a Titan's loss. That's okay, we played a heck of a game! I say "we" like I actually played.

And last but certainly not least, I hung out with one of my main girls, the other is on injury reserve and had to rest.  If a dog could be a maid of honor, I would have 2.

https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=ddacdbc807&view=att&th=14127d3427d03214&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P-uE5d-6n_Zpo9_rnkGAulc&sadet=1379352720817&sads=5p8eOrkcWNof_8UxLNEhc8meg90

1 comment: