Friday, September 27, 2013

Tomorrow, Tomorrow!

Well, the day is almost here. 
My first half-marathon, 13.1 miles. 
I am nervous, excited, intimidated, you name it- that is how I feel. 
Not to mention, I picked up my race bib, yeah... this girl is in the first corral. What?! At least I won't have time to back out, right?
I have my lofty goal, and I have my realistic goal. And then I have my "if you go over this, I'm gonna kick your butt" goal.
That is the thing about running, it is just like life. There is always going to be someone better than you or something that sets you back, and that is okay. It is a competition with yourself. I am so proud of myself for even getting this far. I have come a long way in 5 months. I started at a 12:30-13:15 min pace, barely making a mile, to averaging in the 10s.

So here is to the blood, sweat, and many tears that have gone into these next 13.1 miles.



No comments:

Post a Comment