Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Wedding Wednesday: The Reception

Right before the reception is when we chose to do family pictures. 
And, one of the groomsmen decided to make me cry. 
I think everyone has certain moments from their wedding that they remember every little detail of.
There are few moments that I vividly remember [because it was all one big FUN blur!!]
But this is by far my top 5 favorite moments.

Long story short: Pat's big brother and a college friend of mine [who had tried to set us up several times without us knowing each other] had passed away when Patrick and I began dating.
It was tragic. So, instead of having a blank spot for a groomsman, 
we asked Blake to stand in Garic's honor. 


 
 
Having the honor of wearing Garic's dog tags on my wedding day was truly special. 


Now onto happiness...
Our wedding party entered to "Tie it Up" by Kelly Clarkson.
I just really felt its upbeat, quirkiness described our wedding party perfectly.
And YEAH is used all the time. So why not spice it up a little bit.
This is my FAVE pic of the entrance. Priceless.
 
oh, and this one..
 

There isn't one "oh my gosh swoon" romantic picture of us while dancing. We smiled and laughed the entire dance. Soooo... at least we are happy! haha!
We danced to This Kind of Love by Sister Hazel

 

 And cue when my dad made every single person cry at least one tear...
Bless him.  
We danced to I Won't Let Go by Rascal Flatts
- Not your typical FD Song, but it had very special meaning to us, and I had to use that one!
 

We did an "Advice Dance".. If you are wanting to do something different, I highly recommend this! It was so special for us. We asked all the married couples to come dance. The DJ announced if you had been married for less than 1 year sit down, 5 years, 10, etc. until there was only one couple.
I was so beyond happy when I see that my grandparents are the only ones left. 
 Then, they graciously gave us marriage advice which included: Always say I love you. And don't go to bed angry. You can go to bed mad, but never angry.
 

Y'all this a lot harder than it looks. I was disappointed we didn't get a picture of us smashing it (you can hear my Big in the background yelling, GIVE IT TO HIM! Lol)

We had 4 speeches 
I love the "candid-ness" of this picture..
Stu [on the far right[, Pat's brother, included a poem in Mandarin, which was awesome.


 

I was asked to be seated...... 
AND THEN.........................
This happened.

 

Linking up with Jordon again!
 Happy Wednesday!

3 comments:

  1. AHh! This is so great!! Those pictures of the groomsmen dancing at the end is too funny! Looks like such a beautiful day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your blog off wedding Wednesday, and I can't wait to read more! I love all your wedding pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like your reception was a blast! Cute idea with the advice/countdown dance :))

    ReplyDelete