Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Wedding Wednesday

As much as I would love to bombard this post with pictures of the best day ever, I felt a tug at my heart to share something else. Yesterday, I read this blog post. Let me tell you, she hit the nail on the head. It said all the things I have said, yet needed to hear again and again and again. Oh, and again. It is so easy to get caught up in the details, flowers, cake, dresses, itinerary, and even sometimes the drama that goes along with wedding planning. You are one giant rollercoaster of emotion.

And that is okay. Repeat after me, that is OKAY. I promise you that no matter what crazy thing happens during wedding planning, you're not alone. A bride [or million] have experienced that very same thing. To me, that was comforting.


I have read and re-read this post about 13 times. I love it. I just pause after every line. Having grace with myself and others is something I really struggle with. My Type-A personality just doesn't want any part of it most of the time. But, like she says, perfection is not attainable. Using your voice is so important. We have found in just a short 5 months that is key. I can't read his mind, nor can he read mine. Continue to invest in your girlfriend. Amen, amen, amen. I had one of my best friends be extremely open with me about this. We had isolated each other, completely unintentionally, after the wedding. It is a weird transition phase that you're in, which she understood. Thankfully, her openness challenged me. I have really taken a look at the friendships I have. I have tried eliminating ones that have hurt me, and bring me down. I have tried being more intentional [which I fail at often, thankful for grace yet again]. I think the most important thing to remember is to invest in friendships that are intentional, that are mutually encouraging, and that help your grow to be better. And when you suck, it is nice that your best friend will tell you that :). Her last point just drives it all home. I have been really convicted of this lately. I don't want to miss life with my husband and friends because I am too busy tweeting, instagramming, or just looking at nonsense. There is a time and place to enjoy those things, but to take a step back every now and then is absolutely a must.

While I fail daily, I love this post for so many reasons. I encourage you to read it- her words are far more eloquent than my own. Whether you are a girlfriend, fiance, wife, or single. It can be applied to any relationship.


Love Always Nancy J

1 comment:

  1. Such an amazing post! I am glad you pointed that out! I need to remind myself of these things more times than not!!

    thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete