Saturday, November 23, 2013

Southwestern Soup

This past week, I was brave and tried a new soup recipe. I am pretty picky when it comes to soup. However, this one did not disappoint- and it was pretty inexpensive.

Ingredients:

1 lb package of ground beef
2 cans of Kidney beans
2 cans chicken broth
2 cups of frozen corn
1 cup of salsa
2 spoonfuls of green chilies (it called for the whole can, but I was worried about the heat level)
1-2 tbsp. of chili powder - I didn't have chili powder, so I used a splash of red pepper sauce, some oregano, and cumin.

Directions:

In a large stock pot/Dutch oven, brown meat until no longer pink. Drain meat.

Add all ingredients to stock pot including meat, and bring to a boil. This should take about 5-7 minutes depending in your stove. Reduce heat, add lid to pan, and let simmer for 10-15 minutes.


Top with whatever toppings are your favorite: cheese, sour cream, and torilla strips. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. This soup sounds delicious, especially on a cold day! I love the header for your blog!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was sooo yummy! I liked it because you really could add/take away to the heat level! Thanks girl! Took me awhile to make, I am slowly learning this whole blog thing :)

      Delete