Monday, November 18, 2013

Weekend Recap

My, oh my! What an eventful weekend! Saturday began with the obvious of Pat having to work, and a nice little interval run with Dad. Then, Mom and I had a date to the Nashville Christmas Village. It is basically a flea market of Christmas themed booths with products from local and not local boutiques and shops. Which, we all love a good boutique shop. She had gone a couple years ago, and didn't really love it. So, we decided to give it another chance since I had never been. It was $10 per person to get in, with $5 parking. Despite the insane amount of people (emphasis on insane), we had a good time. I don't think we will be going back in the years to come, mainly because we both agreed it was a little overrated. We could easily pick our favorite local shops, and do some shopping in those... with a lot less people!!

We did get a few goodies. Mom got an "L" to paint, and put on the door. She is slowly jumping on the monogram train! bought me a super cute hounds-tooth coat. Losing weight definitely has its perks, but one love-hate is none of your clothes from previous years fitting. I will post pictures later. I am really slacking on that. My goal for the whole adventure was to find a "we're married" ornament. However, I am really picky, and I know exactly what I want. As Pat said, "That doesn't surprise me!" I did get Patrick an ornament- he is just as sentimental as I am! It's a wood ornament that has "best dog ever" engraved on it, and you can put a picture in it! He absolutely loved it, and can't wait to pick out a picture to put in it!!

Patrick and I got to spend a few hours together that night watching Scandal. Have I mentioned how into that show we are?! Have I also mentioned how glad I will be when he doesn't have to commute two hours a day?! It has its advantages, we appreciate our time together a little more than if we both had the 8-4:30 jobs, like I do.

Sunday was full of rainy, stormy weather. And maybe a nap or two. I tweeted earlier in the week (since it was 23 degrees) that is was time for the Christmas tree to come up. Well, when you are sharing a house that is currently under construction (and by under construction, I mean there is like no floor on the attic- just beams), it is a little difficult to get decorations down that are located in said construction zone. Needless to say, it is going to be a large team effort, and I was really sad when Pat and I couldn't get the tree down. So, next weekend- It is on.

One thing that drives me crazy: the "It's not even Thanksgiving!" I'm sorry y'all... I just LOVE Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment