Friday, October 10, 2014

And out of all these things I've done, I think I love you better now...


Where has this year gone?
This has been the best year in so many ways.
What an incredible journey this has been.
One year ago on Sunday, I married my BEST friend.
 My person.
My better half.
We've have experienced so much this year.
We have laughed, we have cried, we have fought, we have learned.
Thank you for pushing me when I need it.
For being a constant encourager.
For all the little things.
 For keeping me sane.
Thank you for laughing with me when I baked the fork into the actual brownies,
and for when I left the straightener on for the 70th time. 
Thank you for not getting annoyed when I go behind you after make up the bed and redo it.
I know you tried, and it is appreciated.
Thank you for never judging me when I cry at TV Shows.
Thank you for picking me up when life just gets too hard.
Thank you for teaching me to be a better forgiver, a better friend, a better person.
Someone once said that I changed when I met you. And I am so grateful for that. 
Here is to many more years,
many more laughs,
many more tears,
 and many more memories.

"And, darling, I will be loving you 'til we're 70
And, baby, my heart could still fall as hard at 23
And I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways
Maybe just the touch of a hand
Well, me—I fall in love with you every single day
And I just wanna tell you I am

So honey now
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Place your head on my beating heart
I'm thinking out loud
That maybe we found love right where we are"












2 comments:

  1. Your wedding video is amazing!! I think I almost cried watching it!! Such a wonderful wedding! Happy Anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful words, Sara! Marriage is such a beautiful thing, and I am so glad you experience it fully, xo

    ReplyDelete