Tuesday, October 28, 2014

#1989

 



This is the "everything you wanted to know and more and you're probably going to think I am super weird" post about Taylor Swift's new album 1989. Anyone that knows me, knows that I am a huge TSwift fan. I have caught a lot of flack for enjoying her so much. There are some haters. And that is okay. I don't really care for Beyonce, so to each their own. Something about her realness, vulnerability, ability to write a seriously great jam, and out right weirdness just makes me love her. Maybe it's because I am super weird too, so I can relate. I have loved her albums since I was 16, and she sang about crying on a guitar and thinking about Tim McGraw. Somehow, she writes songs that anyone can relate to. With that being said, I was curious as to how she would bridge the pop-country gap on a solely pop album.

And on a side note, please refer to this guide as a hilarious depiction of emotions experienced leading up to this. Too funny. 

In the intro packet to her CD (yes, I read it), she says something profoundly accurate in my life today. And I loved every word of it.

The debate over whether people can change is an interesting one for me to observe because it seems all I ever do is change. All I ever do is learn from my mistakes so I don't make the same ones again. Then I make new ones. I know people can change because it happens to me little by little every day. Every day I wake up as someone slightly new. Isn't it wild and intriguing and beautiful to think that every day we are new?..... I've told you my stories for years now. Some have been about coming of age. Some have been about coming undone. This is a story about coming into your own. 

Not going to lie, that hit me. Because for the last year, I have been changing daily. I have blogged about it, talked about it with my best friends, and now someone has put into words what I have been feeling. I am coming into my own. And that is extremely freeing. So, enough of the sappiness-fan-girl sentiments. Here is my official breakdown of TSwifts bomb.com album. The rankings of my fave songs thus far:

16: Wonderland
Why: It's my least fave on the album, but it is slowly growing on me.
Fave Lyric: It's all fun and games til somebody loses their mind

15: How You Get The Girl
Why: It's better than Wonderland, but still not my fave. I don't dislike it. Honestly, it reminds me of Love Story.
Fave Lyric: Tell her how you must have lost your mind/And you left her all alone, and never told her why

14: Welcome to New York
Why: It's fun to sing along to.
Fave Lyric: Like any real love, it's ever changing/Like any true love, it drives you crazy

13. New Romantics
Why: The beat is the jam. I love the feel of the song.
Fave Lyric: Honey, life is just a classroom/Cause baby I could build a castle out of all the bricks they threw at me
12: I Know Places
Why: Mainly because of the lyric below. And the music.
Fave Lyric: Loose lips, sink ships, all the damn time


11: Wildest Dreams
Why: Girl is getting a little risky in this song!
Fave Lyric: And when we've had our very last kiss, my last request is/ say you'll remember me in a nice dress staring at the sunset


10: Shake It Off
Why: Don't get me wrong, this song is the jam. I have just heard it so many times, that I have to put it in the near middle as my obsession for others grows.
Fave Lyric: And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate


9: All You Had To Do Was Stay
Why: Because yes.
Fave Lyric: People like you always want back the love they pushed aside/But people like me are gone forever when you say goodbye


8: Bad Blood
Why: Again, yes. Because she is not just saying, hey you acted shady, she is saying NOW we have problems. And don't act like someone hasn't made you this mad before.
Fave Lyric: Oh, it's so sad to, think about the good times, you and I/Cause, baby, now we got bad blood


7: This Love
Why: This song is one of the ones I play over and over. It is the first "ballad" [with a beat]. These are the songs we all know and love from her.
Fave Lyric: This love left a permanent mark/This love is glowing in the dark/ These hands had to let it go free/ And this love came back to me


6: I Wish You Would
Why: I love the feel of this song. Even though it is about an old boyfriend driving past the girl's house, I think it is telling of all relationships that are over in some ways. Whether it be a friend, or something else.
Fave Lyric:  I wish we could go back/ And remember what we were fighting for/ I wish you knew that I miss you too much to be mad anymore/ Wish you were right here, right now, it's all good, I wish you would


5: Style
Why: This whole song is just great. I love the beat. I love the music. I love it all.
Fave Lyric: You got that long hair, slicked back, white t-shirt/ And I got that good girl faith and a tight little skirt


4: Out Of The Woods
Why: Because its catchy. And I love the build up of the song.
Fave Lyric: *when she belts* Are we out of the wooooooooods, yeah


3: Clean
Why: Because regarding a boy or a person or a situation, any one can relate to getting rid of a toxic thing in your life. The importance placed on not thinking the end of something is the end of you. You are enough, you are finally clean.  And also, this is the jam.
Fave Lyric: And that morning, gone was any trace of you/ I think I am finally clean


2: Blank Space
Why: I love the songs where she straight calls out where society tells who she is, or shall I say who they think you are.
Fave Lyric: All of them, seriously.... So it's gonna be forever/ Or it's gonna go down in flames/ You can tell me when it's over/ If the high was worth the pain

1:  You Are In Love
Why: Because it is the sweetest song on the entire album, and may be my favorite one of hers period. It gives you all the feels. And it immediately makes me thing of Pat. Everything about this is beautiful.
Fave Lyric: ALL OF THEM. But if I have to choose... "One night he wakes, strange look on his face/ pauses then says, you're my best friend/ And you knew what it was, he was in love"



Now that I have spent way too long analyzing this album [slightly surprised you're still reading], I am going to go jam.

No comments:

Post a Comment