Friday, April 4, 2014

Five on Friday: House Edition Part 1

Happy Friday!
I am so pumped for this weekend.
Mainly because it is the weekend. And I am going to drag one of my BFFs to go shopping [aka help me make decisions] with me, she just doesn't know it yet. Wink Wink.


So, this week has been super focused around our new house. I am sorry, but I am REAL excited. 

Here are 5 things I am excited about getting/doing for the house!

one.
This Quilt Coverlet from Kohl's. We have a down comforter, so instead of spending a big amount on a comforter set, we decided this would be more practical for now. 
Snagged both the Ivory [yes, it looks yellow in this pic but not real life] and Taupe.
Imagine that, I couldn't decide. Grabbed both with 2 shams each, spent $122. I saved $307. Party.

 

two.

Bamboo cutting board. I am pumped about this. I love watching the Food Network, so this makes me feel super official. Part of our contract on the house was that the builder switch the countertops to granite. They agreed. So this will look great on it!

 

three.

I am on the hunt for a Cable Knit Blanket. My mom received one as a present last year, and I really want one!

Chunky Cable Knit Blanket 
 four.

We are on the hunt for a washer and dryer. Any suggestions? Ones you have had awful luck with?

 five.

The living room. I want cozy. Since it is a pretty open floor plan, it looks right into the kitchen. 
 Here are some of my favorite "pinspirations" that fit the floor plan!

Tan and white living room Love the curtains and splashes of light blue 
That kitchen and wall color for living room #hgeliving - @heygorgevents- #webstagram




 I could add pictures for days. But, alas, I guess that is what Pinterest is for!
Happy weekend!



 

2 comments:

  1. Decorating a house is fun!! Enjoy the new times in your house!! Can't wait to see how you decorate it all!

    ReplyDelete