Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Weekend Recap

My birthday dinner was the best! 
It was full of much needed friends, laughter, and mexican food.
In my opinion, there isn't anything much better than that combo.

My sweet Momma.
 


The hubs.

The best friends.

 


Oh, and we matched. Identically. Even our shoes.

 

Saturday was up and at em bright and early. I had been planning on surprising Caroline for her half marathon for weeks.
However, about two weeks before it, I realized I needed help.
I got in touch with her brother, and I seriously could not have done it without his help!!
It was so much fun getting to watch her PR this race! I had chills every time her brother looked up her pace and estimated time.
And I may have a teared up.

One of my all time favorite running quotes is:
The real purpose of running isn't to win a race, it is to test the limits of the human heart.
And test her heart she did.
 I am beyond proud (I have said this a million times) of her.
I love that we can share the pain/joy/love-hate relationship of running.
I loved playing "picture-taker" of all her fun moments! 
I tried snapping a few of her, you know, actually running... but girl is FAST.
That's what MarathonFoto is for. 
If you want to read all about her day... check out her blog. I cried. Go figure. 

Mile 10. I mean, it doesn't even look like she ran. Whatever.

 

 

And stay tuned to hear all about how we closed on our first house yesterday. 


No comments:

Post a Comment