Thursday, January 23, 2014

The Glam Series: My Skincare Routine

I am all about this link up series. I have been very fortunate in my life to be blessed with "good" skin- other than some rosy cheeks. However.. that doesn't mean I was taking care of like I should! When I was in college, I worked for Estee Lauder at Dillard's. Let me just tell you, I absolutely love skincare products now. Even though it can be pricey, and I am all about saving money... some things you just need to spend the extra money on! Great time to get products like that are during promotions, so you get some extra goodies with your purchase!

So here are a few items that are staples in my routine:

I love mine. The first two weeks you will experience what I call the "dark days." Your skin will be going through some serious changes, and after that you will love the way it looks and feels.

Cleanser. 
I use all sorts of cleansers. I literally have a basket full of the travel size ones. I stick to Estee Lauder or Lancome mostly. If you tend to have dry skin- be careful of foaming cleansers with your clarisonic. It can increase drying. Also- I always make sure they are soap free. If you have dry skin, like I do, in the winter, I would recommend a creme cleanser, it is much more gentle.

Moisturizer. 
I use moisturizer every morning. I am spoiled. Because I worked there, I won free product all the time. One of my favorite moisturizers is ReNutriv Comfort Creme. It is perfect for skin that tends to dry in the winter. In the summer, this is my go to moisturizer . It is light and has SPF 15. They also have an oil-free version, which is perfect for people who tend to have excess oil!
Less expensive alternative that I love: Ponds moisturizer or Olay. 

Nighttime. 
Of all my products, this is my favorite.  Though it is pricey, it is well worth it. The 1.7 oz bottle should last you 4-6 months. You only need like 3 baby drops. It isn't an oil, so it won't cause breakouts. It actually helps fight all signs of aging and damage to your skin- including acne. I love love love this product!

 


The Glam Series

5 comments:

  1. Anything by Estee Lauder has to be good, so I may have to check out that Advanced Night Repair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! If you get a product during their gift, it is always in the freebies. Great way to try it out!

      Delete
  2. I swear by the nighttime advanced repair as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh the dark days during the Clarisonic first weeks are rough!! MY skin looked awful, but now I can't survive without it!

    Thanks for linking up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love my Clarisonic! It was the best investment! For some reason, my sensitive skin reacts SO badly anytime I try an Estee Lauder product :( No idea why! It makes me sad because they have some amazing products!

    ReplyDelete