Thursday, January 16, 2014

Thankful.

I think as women, it's our nature to become overwhelmed and anxious when life pushes you. Whether it be a negative or positive reason for being overwhelmed or anxious, sometimes you just need to let it out.

Yesterday was that day. Work is so busy right now. I've never been this busy. My type-A personality is really taking a reality check right now. I'm the type that wants a plan. I want to know how, when, where, what is going to be done. It drives my husband crazy- he's never said that, but I know that's what he thinks. But, that's me. So when I have all the crazy great opportunities coming up and managing my what feels like and overnight growing customer base, I felt really overwhelmed and anxious.

Pause: one of my goals for 2014 is to not tweet personal things. For example, how I feel, if I'm pissed, etc. I recently read an article that opened my eyes as to how it's controlling you by seeking attention and approval for your every thought and action. Whoa. Side note- I was listening to one of my favorite speakers, and he said "always present yourselves in a social setting as you want to be seen. If you socially present yourself as a shambly, broke postgrad then that's what people will think. If you socially present yourself as a hardworking, self improving adult, then that is what people will see. One of my favorite quotes is: you are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with" Bam. Emphasizes my social media kick.

Well, I already had a bonehead moment and tweeted about being overwhelmed and wanting to cry. I didn't do it for all my closest friends to call or text me, or for everyone to know I'm "so busy" that I want to cry. But, I did. I may not have intended that, but that is why people (including myself) tweet things like that. To seek attention and approval. Drats.

Cue the silver lining: my friend, Jo. Yes, I've blogged about her before. I'm not exaggerating when I say, she has been such a blessing I my life and she is my most genuine friend. Which to me, that's the best quality a friend could have.

In the midst of her problems, busy schedules, and juggling all of life in general... She paused. She took time to first and foremost pray for me via text message. If that doesn't give you a sense of peace, I'm not sure what will. And if that wasn't enough (which it absolutely was enough), she proceeded to ask me what's going on. I love that she chose to ask that after she prayed. We don't need details to pray, we just need to pray. So I spilled everything. Details that only Patrick and my parents know. None of it is negative, but I've become very cautious of what I tell people- regardless the subject. She prayed for me, and she listened to me. What a sweet reminder of what a genuine person and a genuine friendship is- and how I should be as well. So, today, I am praying that sweet prayer that she prayed over me and thanking God for such a wonderful friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment