Thursday, January 30, 2014

The Glam Series: All Things Face

Linking up with Jordon, again. She had this awesome idea of a glam series. Which I am all about. I love skincare, and I love hearing what works/doesn't work for others too! This week is all about face. Again, a lot of what I use is Estee Lauder but I do use other products as well!


Foundation:


Double Wear by Estee Lauder. Ahhhmazing. I have been using this for about three years. I switch colors twice a year, aka winter and summer. If you don't do this-- I highly recommend it. Most all cosmetics counters will give you a free foundation sample if you go get matched (EL, Clinique, Lancome, etc). It's a great way to make sure you really like it before you buy it! Now, I went to get a picture online and got caught up reading the reviews. I have not purchased a new bottle since they apparently changed the formula. Has anyone experienced this? It makes me slightly nervous!

Tip: Always apply makeup with a brush. The oil from your fingers not only transfers to your face, but alters the makeup!


I am currently in the market for a BB Cream. I am not a huge fan of ELs, they only have two shades!

Primer:

Yay or nay? I have a primer that I like. I rarely use it, but I switch from the EL Matte Primer (for oilier skin) and Illuminating Primer (for not so oily skin). Key is oil control and a "noncakey" look. Easier said than done, right?

Contouring:
NARS - The NARSissist Cheek Kit

Aka the bronzer, higlighter, and blush trifecta. It is a skill. Some days I walk out of the house with a little victory dance, and other days I feel like a hot mess. I think the most important thing to remember when contouring is "less is more." I love Nars Orgasm. Sorry, they named it, not me! It really does look great on everyone! When I went to Sephora.com, they had this set with a highlighter/blush/bronzer combo!

Join up next week for all about eyes! I can't wait to see everyone's favorites.

What are your favorite face products?! Do you have any face "secrets"?!






Jordon @ Love Always Nancy J

6 comments:

  1. You have got to try the monistat gel I posted about for Primer!!! It is a very CHEAP alternative for some higher end brands!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I will!! I have never heard of that before, but I will definitely be looking into it! I like cheap alternatives that are good!

      Delete
  2. I just started using that foundation about 2 weeks ago... and I'M IN LOVE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you through the link-up...I have heard so many good things about that foundation! I'm with you on the primer. I'm not picky about it. Actually as I was writing my post I realized I've never even bought a tube, I just always use whatever sample tube I have on hand!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard great things about that bronzer! I must try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to try the NARS Orgasm! Yeah, what a name! ;) I need to be better about applying foundation with a brush, too! ugh!

    ReplyDelete