Monday, December 2, 2013

Long Weekend Recap

This long, four day weekend is just what I needed. I have been so overwhelmed lately. Sometimes in life it's hard to admit you've been struggling. At least, that is how I am. My closest friends didn't even know that I have been going through a tough time. It wasn't one particular thing, but an accumulation of things that were just beating me down. I recently saw a picture on Pinterest, and it was just what I needed to hear: Have you prayed about it as much as you have talked about it? Bam. Facepalm.

With that being said, this weekend was one where I just got to breathe. And I needed it. I feel refreshed, and ready to take on the rest of the year.

I went "Black Friday Shopping" with my mom on Friday. We started at 9 am and went until about 12:30. We aren't hardcore, at all. Just really went for fun, not really to buy TVs and get black eyes. I ended up purchasing a few things on my registry that were left over with some gift card money. Hello Fiesta Canisters!

 

I got all three of them, plus our Libbey 16 pc Glassware set for $130! I saved $157! Thank you Kohls.  I also purchased our first ornament as a married couple. I have looked essentially everywhere for the perfect one. I saw one on Coton Colors website, and I just didn't want to pay $25 for it plus shipping. Well, we went to a little boutique here locally in town, and I found the one I wanted and they were having a 20% off sale. Oh, and she offered to personalize it at no charge! Just because I was so nice to her! Um, thank you!!!!

Displaying photo 1.JPG 

And just for fun, here is the sweetest dog in all the land. She loved helping decorate for Christmas.

Displaying photo 2.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment