Monday, March 9, 2015

Weekending

Happy Monday! Well, this weekend definitely started on an interesting note! If you are squeamish, might want to skip this post... Or just fast forward!

Friday at 2 pm.

I took the afternoon off of seeing customers, mainly because no one wants to see you after 12 on Friday and also because everyone was playing catch up from the weather. I met up with some of the girls to go to REI to look for something for their cruise. [side note, for the past 3 days I had been experiencing some serious pain where the baby is- I chalked this up to normal stretching. However it became so constant that it hurt to do anything]. I was awaiting a call from my dr, and he finally called me back while I was with them. Needless to say, they were concerned but I brushed off the pain because I was a little worried. The dr said if Tylenol and extra water don't help, and it gets worse *words you never want to hear* go to the ER.

Fast forward two hours. I called Pat. Something wasn't quite right with my body and I was starting to stress a little more. Still knowing that cramping is normal, and a lot is happening right now I was really hesitant to be so drastic in decision making to go to the ER. Nothing was bleeding or broken, so in my mind I just need to breath. Pat insisted that if my gut was telling me that something was more than that, I should go. So we did. Well, I did. I rolled up to the ER (after calling mom, dad, and Jo because she lives 2 minutes from the hospital and I was just with her--- I wanted her to pray.) two hours and a very painful IV later, I heard our baby's heartbeat and found out I was rocking really low Potassium levels. Hence my more-than-normal-pregnancy exhaustion and pain. The pain was normal, which I thought, but it was enhanced because my potassium was low. All is well now, I was told to rest all weekend- which I somewhat didn't do, but it was so pretty out!!!



Saturday we had double date night with our neighbors and Sunday was followed by having all the windows in the house open, cleaning, and another double date. We really like our neighbors if you haven't noticed! Here's to a great week, finding out baby's gender *fingers crossed*, and Bachelor finale viewing party tonight!!


1 comment:

  1. Whew girl that must have been scary! So glad everything (and everyone) is ok now and how about that Bachelor finale???!!!

    ReplyDelete