Friday, June 21, 2013

Wedding: 113 days

Eeeek. 113 days?! Are you kidding me?! Where has this time gone?! Being engaged is fun, stressful, exciting, and weird all at the same time. It is fun and exciting because it's something different. It is stressful, because um hello, you are planning a wedding. It is weird because you, in my case, have never been engaged before, you have never planned a wedding, and you certainly haven't been married. Everyone gives you advice, wanted or not. Here are some of the things I have been told.

1. Don't do it.
2. You are too young.
3. You find out who your friends are
4. Don't stress, it will all work out.
5. Being married is totally worth it.
6. This is my favorite: When you start to feel overwhelmed- Spend time focusing on why you are getting married. In the end, that is what counts.

I have heard some other pretty funny tidbits that I might share later. It is funny, they say you find out who your friends are. I don't repeat that advice to dig at anyone, but to step back and appreciate the people you don't realize will become the biggest help you could imagine. My sweet, dear friend Rachel just got married last October (the day after our date), and I go to her almost weekly for help. It has been such a blessing to be able to text her and ask her silly questions about anything and everything! Patrick and I are going to have to do something special for her at the end of all this!

I am starting to really cherish this last few months of being a "fiance." Every Wednesday I am going to do a Wedding Wednesday blog. Hopefully, we will be able to look back and laugh at the stressful/hilarious/precious moments leading up to our big day!

No comments:

Post a Comment