Tuesday, June 25, 2013

I get by with a little help of my friends

To preface my Wedding Wednesday that will come tomorrow, I thought I would share how important the stressful times of wedding planning are. You really don't know the stress of wedding planning until you are actually the bride to be. Every one told me that, and honestly, I didn't believe them. I thought no way, I have the best friends and family. ( Yes, I still believe that) No, it is not as easy as Pinterest makes it out to be. There are moments when you want to throw in the towel, give up, and just elope. You feel like no one cares, no one is excited, and people are just selfish. Trust me, you will feel this way one day. And no, you do not understand if you haven't been there. I haven't talked to a bride that didn't feel this exact way. Those times are few, but they are still there, and still make you feel awful. Well, the past three weeks have really been like that for me. I was so absolutely frustrated. Until yesterday. I had three different friends ask me what they could do to help me. Most of the time, its nothing that they can do. But its the simple gesture of offering, and the fact they are genuinely willing to take time out of whatever they have going on & help you. Saying it is one thing, but they actually were asking specific questions to help me. It totally negates all the feelings you were previously feeling. So, no matter how stressful wedding planning can be, just know that it all comes down to one thing: You and your fiance being married.

No comments:

Post a Comment