Friday, January 23, 2015

Friday 5

I'm back after a long month hiatus. This post may be a little different. You see, there really aren't going to be 5 things, because the past few weeks have been life changing.

The Saturday after Thanksgiving, I randomly decided to take a pregnancy test. I was being picked up by my friend Morgan and had to get ready. I completely forgot all about the test for about 20 minutes (which is a no-no to read after that long). It was positive. I didn't believe it. So, like my natural self, I ran to Patrick and asked him if he saw what I was seeing. His exact words, "there's two lines. What does that mean?!!" We were shocked! Still in disbelief, I had one test left, so I took it. Because, you know, I waited so long before it's probably wrong. Nope. I was pregnant. I made an appointment that Monday, and sure enough this was really happening. I am such a "I need concrete evidence" (as if three tests weren't enough?!!), that I really didn't believe it until the ultrasound at 6 weeks. Yes, it was early for that but I had to know. Still, it hadn't quite sunk in. The 3 week long sickness sure helped remind me that this in fact is real. It wasn't until last Wednesday, at my 11 weeks ultrasound did it really sink in, when I saw those precious arms and legs just a moving around! It is real, and I am so excited. [Patrick has been thrilled since the test, bless him.. God knew what he was doing when he put us together!]




Displaying IMG_2324.JPG 
Two years ago, on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, he got down on one knee and proposed. Now, on that same Saturday after Thanksgiving two years later, we take this picture.

[here is our official announcement pic below]
Baby L's arrival is est. August 11, 2015!

Displaying IMG_3234.JPG 



Stay tuned for my weekly updates! I will post Week 4-Week 11 all in one. I have a lot of catching up to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment