Friday, May 16, 2014

Five on Friday

Friday is always my favorite.
But this Friday is REALLY my favorite.
We were originally leaving for Destin on Tuesday.
Surprise... we are leaving Sunday!! 
Helllllllllo heaven on earth.

Destin is by far my favorite place in the world.
I have traveled to many cities and even countries, but Destin has my heart.
[besides home, Nashville]
It is hard to pick just 5 things I love about it, but here is my attempt.

one.
Duh.
The view from our family condo. Pelican Beach Resort.
If you are looking somewhere to stay-- this place is awesome!

 
and a little bit of this too........

two.
Destin Boathouse.
A hole-in-the-wall joint that is SO much fun.

 

We try to stay away from the "chain" restuarants down there.
The local joints are always the best, anways.
 
three.
Shopping. From the Silver Sands Outlet to the Commons.
So many happy things.
 

four.
Our day trip to Seaside. Every time we are in Destin, we always take a day to go to Seaside.
Our favorite spot here is Bud & Alley's Taco Bar.
Yum.


five.
We have decided to go to one nice [aka fancy] restaurant while we are there.
Here is the top contender:

Henderson Park Inn's Beach Walk Cafe
http://beachwalkhendersonpark.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Henderson_Park_Inn_006rsz.jpg 

Get me to Sunday! 
Have y'all ever been to Destin? What are some of your favorites?!

2 comments:

  1. We may vacation in Destin with our family in July. I also love Seaside, too! I am so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby and I loveeeee Destin!! In fact, I think we have been to that (very) whole-in-the-wall joint, Destin Boathouse!!!

    ReplyDelete