Friday, January 15, 2016

Friday 5

Happy Friday! Here is a [mostly] non-Warren related post about 5 things I am loving right now!


[one.]

I have been given the go-ahead to change our master bedroom paint (nasty, easily stand by barely touching, standard beige, ick)  and get a new duvet! Currently we are rocking a printed one from Pottery Barn, but I am really interested in white with a darker wall? Thoughts?!
 
Picture courtesy of West Elm. 

[ two.]

Maybe I told a fib about not talking about Warren. We are attempting baby-led weaning. Aka, letting him eat people food, not pureed food. I have talked with a few of my favorite bloggers, and they have given me tons of tips on what worked for them. Last weekend, we tried banana, and it was so much fun. I think we are trying some avocado this weekend! He's only 5 months, so I am not rushing it. But this boy is super interested in everything we put in our mouths! Has anyone tried this? Success? Failures?! Let a mama know.


[three.]

I've been searching for a good [dairy free] soup recipe for this weekend, and I found one over at one of my favorite blogger's site. Lasagna soup. Yummmm. I just can't add the cream or cheese to mine, but I think the hubs will love this! 

Easy One Pot Lasagna Soup tastes just like lasagna without all the layering or dishes! Simply brown your beef and dump in all ingredients and simmer away! 
 

[four.]

We are having a much needed date night this weekend. However, I kind of just want to binge Netflix and start Making a Murderer. We can still get a baby sitter for that, right?!

 

[five.]

Just an update on our life...
We're moving. Haha, just kidding. Sort of. Pat and I have been talking since we got married about building a house. However, if you were like us and got married in the worst housing market year ever (slightly joking), there was NOTHING available. So,we decided to wait on that dream, and after almost 6 months, we found our first home. We love it. However, we are ready to build. This year we will be saving and looking for land. 

No comments:

Post a Comment