Monday, July 28, 2014

Weekend Recap

We could better rename this past weekend "the weekend I did nothing."
I have been going nonstop since about May. 
Literally every weekend I have had to do something.
Go-go-go can really wear on a girl.
And, to be honest.. I am exhausted. 
After one of the hardest weeks [physically and emotionally] I have had in a long time, 
I was so ready for the weekend. 
I woke up Friday to the most perfect running weather for late July.
I mean, 58 degrees? Yes please.
God has a funny way of getting our attention at times, and He used that to do it.
It was in that mile 2 moment that I really just let it go. 
I have been trying so hard to control everything, and I just can't do it. 
No one can. He has every little moment planned out, and I don't even have to worry.
Whether or not I choose to live that way is on me. 
So, enjoying the truth that His mercies are new every morning, 
I just breathed.

Now- onto the happy "to-do" of my weekend.

Friday "day" will be in another post.... it is that awesome.

 I signed Caroline and I up for a blow out and treatment at the salon for Friday Night.
Even though I was really disappointed that my long-time hair dresser wasn't the one that actually did the treatment on my hair, 
it turned out great!
My hair was so soft and healthy-looking!
It was off to Mexican dinner after that.


Saturday the only thing we did was go to the gym, lay around, and make dinner.
I told y'all I did nothing.
It was so great to just rest.
I tried out a new recipe [be on the look out for it].
I marinated some flank steak and chicken, and made fajitas.
Yes, mexican twice in a row. Oh well.

Sunday I put in a few hours of work for a customer that needed my help, 
and then it was off for another chill day. 

Seriously could not have asked for a more relaxing weekend.
It was so nice, I may even plan another.
Have a great week!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment