Thursday, March 14, 2013

The Big One-Oh

I have contemplated about sharing this many times. But to those closest to me know the challenge I am facing. On January 22, I decided it was time to take charge of my life. I had been toying with the idea of running the half marathon, saying I would do it, but never really putting forth the HARD effort it was going to ensue. Now- I am training. And I am watching calories and content/quality of what I eat. It's hard. Some days you just want to eat everything in sight. Slowly but definitely surely, I have developed a stronger self-control. Which is awesome for those of you that don't know... The mind is weak, and strengthening it is hard and fun at the same time. So as I am hitting all these (literal and imaginary) mile markers... My happiest one is not the 6 miles I ran without stopping  for the oxygen that seems so lacking during runs.... BUT the fact I have officially lost 10 pounds. YAY! 19 more pounds and 13 miles to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment